The Phantom Flex4K – Available in PL or PV Mount
The Phantom Flex 4K – Made with a 35mm format sensor, supports up to 4K resolution up to 1,000 frames-per-second. Redefining what’s possible when it comes to high-speed imaging, the Phantom Flex4K offers exceptional image quality, new workflow options, a user-friendly camera control interface and improved performance at standard frame rates.
At its full acquisition resolution of 4096 x 2304 the camera is capable of recording from 24 to 938 frames-per-second (fps), and up to 1,000 fps at 4096 x 2160 resolution. Latitude, resolution and sensitivity have all been greatly increased in this new model.
Additionally, a new RAM upgrade doubles the internal RAM to 128GB. This RAM allows the camera to record for a set time depending on the frame rate and resolution. The increased internal RAM of 128GB allows the Flex4K to record for twice as long at all resolutions and frame rates. See the recording time table below.
Additional high?performance features include:
- Phantom CineMag™IV support – faster data throughput
- 64GB of internal memory*
- 2x 3G-SDI outputs which can be configured as independent 4:4:4 1080p signals or used together to monitor the full 4K image
- Dedicated OLED HDSDI Colour Viewfinder designed by Astro Design
- 12V and 24V accessory outputs and Custom Accessory Power Box from Love High Speed with RS and D-Tap outputs
- Integrated 24v V-Lok battery mount
- Sync connector to simplify 3D capture
- GbE Ethernet port for software operation
- Anamorphic shooting mode and monitor de-sqeeze
- Wireless Camera Control available
- Lens mount interchangeable between PL and Panavision PV
- In camera ProRes 4:2:2 HQ Recording**
- Audio recording as uncompressed .wav files at frame rates at or above 23.976 fps**
- ASA selectable between 250 – 1600
*128GB internal RAM is available as an upgrade option. This doubles the run time for all frames rates. 64GB RAM is supplied as standard.
*Feature announced and available soon.
Controlling the Phantom Flex4K is easier than ever with a full-featured on-camera control interface for both basic and advanced camera operation. Loop mode records into the RAM buffer at the camera’s top speeds, then once the camera is triggered the files can be quickly offloaded to an installed Phantom CineMag IV, available in 2TB capacity from Love High Speed as standard.
For longer record times use run/stop (R/S) mode in order to record directly to the CineMag IV at speeds up to 120 frames-per-second at 4096×2304. This is an excellent option when ultra high-speed is not required. In fact, at 25 fps you can record up to 2 hours of raw 4K footage directly to a 2TB CineMag IV.
1TB CineMag IV’s have a slower data rate. When recording direct to the CineMag maximum record times are lower than the 2TB option. All Love High Speed’s camera’s come with 2TB Mags as standard.
Maximum Frame RatesRun/Stop to CineMag Speeds
4096×2304 – 4K 16×9 – 938fps
4096×2160 – 4K DCI – 1,000fps
3840×2160 – Quad HD – 1,000fps
2752×2160 – 2:1 Anamorphic – 1,000fps
2560×1440 – 2K 16×9 – 1,492
1920×1080 – Full HD – 1,977fps
1280×720 – HD – 2,932fps4096×2304 – 2TB CMIV – 120fps
4096×2160 – 2TB CMIV – 120fps
3840×2160 – 2TB CMIV – 120fps
2752×2304 – 2TB CMIV – 120fps
1920×1080 – 2TB CMIV – 512fps
FormatResolutionSize (mm)Image Circle
DCI 4K (1.89)4096×216027.7×14.631.3mm
Maximum Record Times *recording times vary based on memory size, frame rate and resolution
ResolutionFrame Rate (fps)64GB RAM128GB RAM2TB CineMag IV R/S Mode*
4096 x 2304 (max res)938 (max loop)5 seconds10 secondsN/A
4096 x 2160 (4K std)1000 (max loop)4.9 seconds4.9 secondsN/A
4096 x 216012538 seconds38 seconds20 minutes
4096 x 2160243 minutes3 minutes100 minutes
1920 x 1080 (16 x 9)1977 (max loop)10.1 seconds20.2 secondsN/A
1920 x 108025078 seconds78 seconds40 minutes
1920 x 10802413 minutes13 minutes200 minutes
* Frame rates and duration to 2TB CineMag IV are estimates